This course is a simplified version of the PowerVR Performance Recommendations guide. It contains various rules of thumb and suggestions developers should use when writing their applications. Implementing these tips in your application may have a significant impact on application performance on PowerVR devices.
- Do Understand the Target Device
- Do Profile the Application
- Do Not Use Alpha Blend Unnecessarily
- Do Perform Clear
- Do Not Update Data Buffers Mid-frame
- Do Use Texture Compression
- Do Use Mipmapping
- Do Not Use Discard
- Do Not Force Unnecessary Synchronisation
- Do Move Calculations “Up the Chain”
- Introduction to 3D Graphics (Recommended, optional)
- PowerVR Hardware Architecture Overview (Recommended, optional)
Graphics developers who are building applications to run on PowerVR devices.