This course provides a brief overview of the PowerVR Hardware Architecture, as well as graphics rendering techniques and how they relate to the hardware design. This course is designed to get users familiar with how PowerVR hardware works so that they can understand their platforms and devices better.
- Introduction and History of PowerVR
- Immediate Mode Rendering
- Tiling and Tile-Based Rendering
- Deferred Rendering, Hidden Surface Removal, and Tile-Based Deferred Rendering
- System Memory Bandwidth
- Example-case Architecture
A basic understanding of graphics programming is recommended but not essential.
- Developers who are new to PowerVR hardware
- Non-technical staff who are looking for more detail regarding rendering and hardware